Step One: Consultation
First, we can have a free information session by phone or Skype. I will want to talk to you to see what you are looking for. You can get a sense of me and ask me any questions you might have about coaching. After this appointment, we can decide whether to work together.
Step Two: Intake Session
If you want to proceed, you can let me know and we will schedule an intake session—in person or by Skype—that lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- I’ll send you paperwork to fill out that gets you thinking about your goals.
- If you are under 18 years old, or if your parents are paying, they would have some papers to sign as well.
- During the intake, you and I will talk about what your goals are. (See “How Can Coaching Help Young Adults?” above for some examples.)
- We will make the goals very specific so we can monitor your progress toward them.
- I’ll also help you develop some actions to take towards your goals.
- You’ll leave the appointment with clear goals and some first steps to take.
Step Three: Regular Appointments
The work of coaching begins.
- You and I will set a time to meet once a week (in person, by phone or by Skype) for about half-an-hour to see how progress is going on your actions and goals.
- We’ll look at what’s working and what’s not.
- We’ll identify your strengths so that you can use them to support goal achievement.
- We’ll work together to problem-solve as needed, examining any barriers to progress and considering how to handle them.
- We’ll adjust steps toward your goals as needed, and each week you’ll decide what next step(s) to take.
- You might also want to email or text me in between our appointments to report on how things are going.
- I might also recommend some coaching “homework”—something to think about or a new strategy to try.
- We can add in new goals as you achieve the first set.
- The more effort you put into coaching, the more you’ll get out of it!
Here’s what you can do now:
- Learn about ADHD Coaching for young adults
- Learn ways coaching can help young adults like you
- Check out these YouTube videos to see what others say about coaching
- Learn about a mindfulness tele-class that can help with ADHD symptoms
- Contact me to see if my services are a good fit for your needs