Health and Wellness Coaching
- Did you know there are at least 7 domains of wellness?
- Do you want to improve aspects of your wellness?
- Are you frustrated by unsuccessful past attempts at becoming your best self?
- Do you view health and wellness as more than just weight and nutrition?
What is health and wellness coaching?
The Institute of Coaching defines health and wellness coaching as:
Health and wellness coaches work with clients to improve their health, vitality, and well-being by engaging in [client-selected] behaviors that have been proven to improve health and prevent disease including weight loss, fitness, nutrition, stress, coping, sleep, mind-body and positive psychology interventions. The outcome of health and wellness coaching is [both] expanded capacity for lifestyle change and sustainable lifestyle change. (https://instituteofcoaching.org/coaching-overview/specialities)
What does health and wellness coaching involve?
- Client-centered: You as the client determine what is important to you and decide what you would like to work on.
- Collaborative: We work in partnership to explore your vision and support your progress.
- Not an expert approach: You as the client are the best expert on your life; as your coach, we are not wearing the expert hat, but are to guide your process.
- Goal oriented: We use the SMART approach to break goals down into weekly action steps.
- Manageable rate of change: You determine what steps to take each week toward your goal(s).
- Accountability: Your progress is dependent on establishing sources of accountability that are effective and work for you.
- Celebrations of success: We acknowledge the wins and harness creativity to navigate around challenges you encounter on the road towards reaching your goals.
- 3-month commitment: Standard coaching engagements require a 3-month minimum commitment as behavior change requires intentional effort and dedicated time.