October is ADHD Awareness Month – an international movement to educate the public and create greater awareness and understanding about attention deficit disorder.
The ADHD Awareness Month Coalition has put together a rich array of resources to use in getting the word out. These include a press kit, posters, fact sheets, a calendar listing 31 ways to spread the word… and more!
I am determined to help spread the word – and you can spread the word too!
The ADHD Awareness Coalition has made it easy by putting together a calendar with suggestions for 31 ways to spread the word this month.
DAY 25 AWARENESS ACTIVITY
Connect with others whose lives are affected by ADHD.
How? Try these ideas:
1) Find a local support group – CHADD has many local chapters
2) Try an online support group – CHADD is developing some
3) Take class(es) or participate in workshops related to ADHD (in-person, online or via phone) – here are some options:
- CHADD Trainings (see your local chapter for offerings as well)
- Impact ADHD Parenting Groups and Events
- ADDA webinars
- Mindfulness for ADHD
When you connect, you can learn from others and share what you know!
Thank you for participating in raising ADHD Awareness this month … and any time you do!
Leave a Reply