Today is the seventh and last day of AD/HD Awareness Week 2011!!
In support of AD/HD Awareness Week, I have been posting one AD/HD awareness activity per day this week.
The activity for Day 1 was to print a poster and get the facts!
The activity for Day 2 was to sign up to participate in the AD/HD Awareness Week Expo.
The activity for Day 3 was to view a short video on AD/HD
The activity for Day 4 was to learn more at the National Resource Center on AD/HD
The activity for Day 5 was to spread the word: http://www.adhdawarenessweek.org/what-you-can-do/
The activity for Day 6 was to join CHADD (Children and Adults with AD/HD)
AD/HD Awareness Week, 2011: Day 7
The final activity suggestion I have for AD/HD Awareness Week 2011 is perhaps the most important of all: to better understand your own AD/HD or that of a loved-one.
If you think that you or someone you love might have ADHD but hasn’t been diagnosed,
you can take one or more of the following steps (step three is the most important):
- Look over the AD/HD diagnostic criteria here: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/diagnosis.html
- Use one of the following screening tests, and take the results to your health care provider:
- Search for a professional who specializes in AD/HD to get a thorough evaluation. One place to look is the CHADD Professional Directory.
If you have been diagnosed with AD/HD but feel your life is not going as smoothly as you’d like, you can take one or more of the following steps, using the CHADD Professional Directory as a resource if needed:
- Discuss medication treatment with a psychiatrist specializing in AD/HD.
- Meet with a therapist specializing in AD/HD to work through past issues getting in your way.
- Work with an AD/HD coach to set goals supporting you to move forward in learning skills and strategies for success!
I am hoping you have had a useful and informative AD/HD Awareness Week and that your learning and sharing continues throughout the year!
If you would like to discuss AD/HD coaching with me, feel free to email me at email@example.com